Dunbar’s Complaints Commitment
At Dunbar insurance we are committed to ensuring that client’s complaints are dealt with in an efficient and professional manner. Dunbar has a dedicated Complaints Manager (Alex Dunbar) who works in conjunction with Ausure complaints committee to assist clients to resolve disputes.
What is a Complaint or a Dispute?
A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction with a product or service provided by a licensee where the complainant expects the licensee to take action to correct the situation and to prevent it from happening again.
If the complainant is not satisfied with the licensee’s action in response to the complaint, it may then become a dispute. Disputes that are not resolved need to be referred to an external dispute resolution scheme.
Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR)
- Dunbar Insurance has a dedicated Complaints Manager, Complaints Committee and fully documented process for managing complaints submitted by clients. In addition Dunbar is a member of AFCA and any complaint that is not resolved will be referred to AFCA for consideration.
External Dispute Resolution (EDR)
- The dispute resolution provisions state that Financial Service providers must have an EDR scheme that has been approved by ASIC in accordance with the regulations. Dunbar currently subscribes to the AFCA (Australian Financial Complaints Authority Limited)
How do I submit my complaint?
All complaints should be submitted in writing to Dunbar Insurance’s Complaints Manager Mr Alex Dunbar at the following address;
Customer Care: Alex Dunbar
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: (08) 9527 1682
Alternatively, please email your Complaint and attached documentation to our email address: email@example.com
What information needs to be in the complaint?
The complaint notification should document in detail the following:
- Who you deal with (Name of your Insurance representative)
- The nature of your complaint. (What happened and why a complaint has been lodged)
- What you would like done to resolve the issue.
If you have any supporting information or documents you should include a copy of these in your submission.
What will Dunbar Insurance do with my complaint?
When the Complaints Manager is notified of a Complaint they will take the following actions;
- Dunbar Insurance will acknowledge in writing (within 7 days) that we have received your complaint and advise what course action we are taking in relation to your complaint.
- The Complaints Manager will attempt to resolve the issue with yourself and your insurance Representative.
- If a reasonable resolution cannot be found within 21 days, the complaint may be forwarded to External Disputes Resolution (EDR). The Complaints Manager will continue to manage the situation and provide any information or assistance requested by the EDR.
- Dunbar Insurance is bound to abide by the rulings of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority Limited.