Home & Contents Insurance Baldivis
What is Home & Contents Insurance?
Home insurance can protect you from financial risk if your home is damaged or destroyed, and can also cover your home’s contents if they are damaged, lost or stolen. You can take out cover for specific listed events only or for wider accidental damage cover, depending on your needs.
Why do i need it?
If your home and its contents were damaged or destroyed in a natural disaster or accident, or all your valuables were stolen, could you afford to replace them?
If not, Dunbar Insurance can help.
Home and contents insurance can even protect you against legal liability if someone is injured or killed on your property.
Did you know?
Approximately 9% of homeowners don't have buildings or contents insurance
(Dr Richard Tooth, 'Australian Household Insurance - Understanding and affordability' - February 2012)
The estimated property loss from 140,000 claims across five catastrophic events in 2015
(Insurance Council of Australiam 2016.)
Approximately 1 in 30 homes are burgled in Australia each year.
(Australian Institute of Criminology, 2013)
What can Dunbar Home & Contents Insurance cover?
Dunbar Insurance can provide you with extensive protection if your home suffers loss or damage – with a number of additional benefits included automatically. You have a choice of options, with different levels of cover and inclusions available.
The exact cover you receive depends on the policy that you take out. But to give you an idea, here are some of the benefits Dunbar Insurance policy may include.
- A safeguard of up to 30% extra of your total sum insured, so you can feel confident you won’t be caught short if you have to rebuild (Does not apply to Base Listed Events Policy)
- Automatic cover for flood and cover for fire or explosion
- Cover for earthquake, tsunami, lightning strikes, storm, rainwater, hail and wind and water damage from certain leakages
- Cover for burglary or theft, caused by a forced break-in* and vandalism or malicious damage
- Liability cover of up to $30 million for injury or loss of life to a third party, or loss of a thirs party’s property on a building you occupy or own
- Cover for accidental breakages, damage caused for falling trees during a storm or the impact of a car
- Automatic inflation adjustment to your building and contents sum insured
- An extra 20% of your total sum insured to cover accommodation costs, if you need to move out while your home is being repaired or rebuilt
- Environmental upgrade cover – up to $5,000, and extra costs of rebuilding to meet statutory requirements – up to $25,000.
- Catastrophe cover up to an additional 30% of the building sum insured, for declared natural disasters
What usually isn’t covered?
Each policy is different, but generally you won’t be covered:
- If your home is unoccupied for more than 100 continuous days (90 days for the Listed Event and Base Listed Event wordings).
- For rust, corrosion, gradual deterioration, deprecation or wear and tear
- For damage caused by rats, mice or insects
There are other exclusions which Dunbar Insurance can outline for you.
In addition, there is a deductible/excess
Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)
A PDS is available from Dunbar Insurance (details below). You should consider the PDS in deciding whether to acquire, or continue to hold, Dunbar Insurance