Motor Vehicle Insurance Rockingham
What is Motor Vehicle Insurance?
Motor insurance can cover your motor vehicle against accidental damage and theft. It can also protect you from the financial costs of repairing or replacing another person’s vehicle in an accident where you’re at fault.
Generally, you can choose to insure your car for an agreed amount, or for the market value of your vehicle – up to $150,000. Above $150,000 will be considered on referral
Why do i need it?
If your car is damaged in an accident where you’re at fault, having comprehensive motor insurance helps to pay for repairs – or can replace it altogether if our car is written off
If your car is stolen, comprehensive motor insurance can pay you the agreed or market value, so you can buy another car.
Third party property damage (TPPD) insurance – can cover the costs you may be liable to pay if you are at fault and damage or write off someone else’s car – is also available as a standalone policy. However, if you only have this cover, there’s no cover for any damage to your own car.
What can Dunbar Motor Vehicle Insurance cover?
Dunbar Insurance provides you with the extensive protection if your vehicle suffers loss or damage. And, unlike some other policies, Dunbar Insurance automatically includes some additional benefits with your cover
Th exact cover you can receive depends on the policy that you take out. But to give you an idea, here are some of the benefits Dunbar Insurance policy may include:
- Cover to help repair or replace your vehicle if it’s damaged or stolen
- Cover to help you pay for damage you cause to another person’s vehicle
- A replacement of the same make and model if your new vehicle is written off within three years and has less than 60,000 kilometres
- Choice of your own repairer or one from our preferred repairer panel
- Repair guarantee for materials and workmanship on authorised repairs
- Re-keying and re-coding of vehicle keys if they are stolen.
- Cover for the costs of a rental car for up to 14 days, if your car is stolen
- For financed cars, cover for 50% of the difference of the finance gap between the insured value and the vehicle’s contract residual value following a total loss
- An automatic 21 days’ cover on replacement vehicles
- Up to $30 million of legal liability cover
- The option to include one excess fee windscreen claim per year
- The option to include Hire Car cover following an accident
- No additional excess for young or inexperienced drivers if they are named
Did you know?
The cost of natural disaster to Australia businesses, government and communities is estimated to each $33 billion by 2050.
(Australian Business Round-table, The economic Cost of the Social Impact of Natural Disaster, 2016)
According to Inside Small Business, only 16% of SMEs have a financial back-up plan in place, while 35% said they'd need to cut spending and limit their lifestyle if they were unable to work
(Inside Small Business, 'Seven insurance issues small-business owners should consider in 2017', 2017)
Sole traders were the least likely of businesses to be insured, (24%), followed by small businesses operating from home (21.4%).
(ICA, Non-insurance in the Small to Medium Sized Enterprise Sector, 2016)
What usually isn’t covered?
Each policy is different, but generally you won’t be covered if the vehicle is:
- Being driven by an unlicensed driver
- Being driven by you or any other person while under the influence of any drug or alcohol
- Being used in any motor sport or time trial
There are other exclusions which Dunbar Insurance can outline for you
In addition, there is a deductible/excess
Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)
A product disclosure statement (PDS) is available from Dunbar Insurance. You should consider the PDS in deciding whether to acquire, or continue to hold, Dunbar Motor Vehicle Insurance.